This is an exciting time for energy professionals who are looking for a job in oil and gas industry. With numerous exploration projects lining up, the demand for skilled professionals are expected to rise by 43% by 2035 as per the International Energy Agency. Furthermore, the trend of employing temporary and contractual staff on a regular, ongoing basis will continue to grow by 24% which is 1% higher than the previous year as per the 2018-19 Hays Salary Guide. In 2018-19, the prices and number of LNG project is expected to rise which will revive the oil and gas sector.
The profiles which will be in-demand, include:
- Skilled Operator Maintainers are in demand to carry out operation, production and maintenance activities on various production plants.
- In exploration, Geologists, Company Representatives, Drillers, and rig crews are in higher demand.
- In the downstream segment, Cost and Planning Engineers are in demand.
- Gas Insertion Workers are required for an active residential construction market
- In line maintenance and engineering services, demand exists for Engineering Service Managers, Technicians and Mechanical Fitters.
- Engineers from various discipline are required; Mechanical, Electrical and Control Systems Engineers, Pipeline engineers, and Project engineers.
Looking at the studies and demand profiles, it is evident that there is
Read the complete post: https://www.nrgedge.net/article/1536875986-job-hopping-dos-and-donts-for-oil-gas-professionals